Where to Buy Turmeric Root
Have you been Searching Online for the Best Quality Fresh Turmeric Root Near You? When you order Turmeric from Herbin’ Acres it’s as close as your front door. We ship USPS Priority Mail anywhere in the USA. Add this amazing spice to your life and see what all the buzz is about! People have been using Turmeric thousands of years for its Health Benefits. This Spice has many uses. Check out our Blog for Recipes and How to Use Fresh Turmeric. The difference between Fresh Turmeric and the Powder is like night and day. Fresh Turmeric is far superior to Turmeric Powder in flavor and potency. It is easier on the stomach, with a similar zing as ginger, but more subdued. It is preferred by chefs who know how to use it! The variety of Turmeric we grow is yellow, it does not stain as bad as the red type and is the most desirable as far as flavor. Our Turmeric is Organically grown in Charlotte, North Carolina. We only sell what we grow. Buy your Turmeric Roots beginning in November, they are available on first come first served basis until they’re gone! If you have questions about our Turmeric, Contact us and Thank You for your interest.
The Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric Root has been used for more than 6000 years by cultures around the world. It is the most studied food crop on the planet. Here are a few things I have found over the years researching Turmeric and it’s uses.
- Anti-oxidant Natures most powerful.
- Anti-Inflammatory Most people are familiar with and use Turmeric for it’s anti-inflammatory effects. Commonly used for rheumatoid arthritis, but is good for any aches and pains. Works like ibuprofen, but you can use it long term.
- Anti- Cancer Turmeric fights cancer using more than one approach. Learn more here www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. It’s anti oxidant and anti inflammatory benefits are a big part of that. Turmeric triggers the formation of a membrane around cancer cells, furthermore it restricts blood flow to cancer cells. Like any other cell, cancer cells can’t survive without blood flow. Curcumin has been shown to kill cancer cells in laboratory tests by blocking a cancer stimulator known as VEGF. According to M.D Anderson Cancer Center in Houston Tx. Turmerics anti cancer effects are staggering. It’s normal for your bodys cells to die and new one’s take their place, a process known as apoptosis. Cancer happens when cells don’t die like they’re supposed to due to some type of DNA mutation. The mutated cells then replicate themselves and form tumors. Curcuminoids attack what called the transcription factor so that the cancer cells can die like they’re supposed to..
- Anti-Alzheimers There are many studies regarding Turmeric related to Alzheimers disease. Research has shown that Curcumin can prevent and break up amyloid-beta plaque build up. Another natural chemical in Turmeric is Turmerone, which has been shown to stimulate the brain stem to generate new cells or Neurogenesis.
- Neurogenesis I think the most amazing thing about Turmeric Root is that, it is the only thing on earth that triggers Neurogenesis. Until recently it was thought that your body couldn’t produce new brain cells. Baylor University studied this and found that the brain cells being produced were healthy and hormonally balanced cells. Which led them to…
- Anti-Depressant Baylor did clinical studies and found Turmeric to be as effective as prozac, but patients didn’t build up a tolerance, and they could use it for the rest of their life.
- Anti-Bacterial,Viral, Fungal, Protozoal
Turmeric has the uncanny ability to kill only bad bacteria, unlike antibiotics that wipe out everything.
Turmeric is powerful Anti Viral. Turmeric blocks the receptors on your cells that viruses enter through. It works for any kind of virus.
Learn more here www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- Lowers Blood Pressure Turmeric is a powerful blood thinner. One of my fellow farmers went to the dentist and when they took his blood pressure, it was too high for them to work on his tooth. He got about a half pound of roots from me and made golden milk, he said he put it in everything they cooked for a week and a half. He went back to the dentist and his BP was a healthy normal level.
- Lowers/Balances Blood Sugar I have more than one customer who has gotten off their diabetes medication after using my Turmeric Paste. Obviously a good diet is an essential part of that.
- Lowers Bad Cholesterol
- Increases metabolism
- Increases Absorption of Omega 3
How to Use Turmeric
The three most important things you need to know about using Turmeric are…
- It takes heat to get Curcuminoids and Turmerones out of the root. Thats why you’re supposed to cook with it.
- Turmerones and Curcuminoids are fat soluble, usually cooking involves some type of fat. This is why in India they use it in Golden Milk, the most beneficial and easiest way to consume it.
- Black Pepper increases the bio availability of Turmerones and Curcuminoids. It is only a presence of piperin that is needed. You do not need to use a lot of pepper when consuming turmeric. Just a dab will do ya!
- The Best way to Store Fresh Turmeric Root is Turmeric Paste.
Why I grow Turmeric
I started growing Turmeric just over a decade ago. I began with one plant as a novelty. After a few years of dividing the roots I had about 100 plants. Around that time my Father passed away and like many people I began to take stock of my life and what I was doing with it. Wondering why I was here and what is my purpose. What difference am I making? I had a good friend at the farmers market that grew a little turmeric. She said “people want what you have, you should bring it out here”. You know… sometimes an opportunity can be staring you in the face, but if you can’t see it, it may as well not exist. So I began selling to locals and started this site to reach others around the world. Empowering people to heal themselves is the most rewarding feeling I have ever experienced. I have talked with so many people who say basically the same thing… Turmeric has given me my life back. That’s why I’m here. The difference I am making is in other peoples lives, give it a try sometime, it might change your life.